Thursday -  I just finished watching The Hurt Locker.  I wanted to hop on here and share my thoughts but I think I'm going to need a bit to digest this before I pass judgement.  Check back on this entry for a modified entry on Friday.

Friday - Ok, here's the reason for the delay... I wanted to like it.

Really, I did.  I don't say that to mean that I didn't like it, but it left me feeling empty.

This movie follows a small bomb squad through the day-to-day perils of the war in Iraq.  We see some kick-butt scenes and a few moments that actually connect you emotionally to the lead actor.  Somehow though it just seems to be contrived.

There are very memorable moments in this movie but there are a lot of gaps in the story telling.

If you find yourself renting this, I'd be interested in discussing it in the comments section for this post.



-Chuck

0 comments:

Post a Comment